It’s my birthday today!!
This is supposed to be “KonMari post” weekend, but who wants to talk about decluttering on my birthday? Not me. Also, I’ve been crazy busy the last few weeks so I haven’t done nearly as much KonMari-ing as I would like, so let’s not talk about that. M-kay?
My family and I are on our annual staycation this week. My husband’s birthday is the day before mine, so we always take the entire week off to celebrate. And we are usually either too poor or too tired by this point in the summer to travel very far, so we tend to just stay home with the kids and do fun stuff in our area. Lots of time in the sunshine, a trip to the beach, maybe a day trip to Chicago, and whatever else we can pack in.
This year I’m not so sure how much we’ll be able to pack in. We got the bright idea to refinance our house since interest rates are currently half of what they were when we got our mortgage 8 years ago. Well, when you refinance they like to come take a looksy at your house and do an appraisal. Which means we must do repairs and purging and deep cleaning because some stranger is going to come and inspect all of our nooks and crannies, and take pictures! The appraisal is scheduled for Thursday, so I’m not sure what kind of a fun staycation we’re going to have cleaning and fixing up the house. But hopefully we can do half work and half play each day so we all don’t completely lose our minds.
Anyways, back to my birthday. I’m 33 years old today. The only opinion I have about 33 is that this is the year Jesus died, so I’m officially about to be older than Jesus. Woohoo! I’m not really into birthdays as much as I was when I was a kid, at least not my birthday. Talk to me in the next two months when my kids have birthdays and I will be super excited (and possibly crying buckets of tears at how old they are!).
I thought I’d do a fun post today and tell you some random tidbits about me. Here are 33 completely random details in the order that I thought of them.
1. I’m a morning person (in fact, I woke up at 2:30 am on the day that I’m writing this…not my actual birthday, for what it’s worth).
2. I hate chocolate. I guess hate is a strong word, but I could completely live my life just fine if I never ate chocolate again.
3. I can crochet. I even taught my sister to crochet. Now, she crochets all the time and I can’t remember the last thing I made. But at least I know how.
4. I am a huge planner. I make goals and plans and to do lists all the time. But my follow through kinda sucks.
5. I have a tattoo. Yep, a “tramp stamp” even. Oh how I hate that its called that! But I love my tattoo, so no regrets.
6. At one time I had purple hair for a few months. It was supposed to be highlights, but it turned out all purple, deep, dark purple. It was the best thing ever. I have no good pictures of that time, so I can’t show that publicly, but believe me, it was beautiful.
7. If my employer didn’t frown upon unnatural hair color I would have the purple highlights that I originally wanted now. Someday, I will have beautiful blonde hair with perfectly colored purple streaks. A
girl grown woman can dream!
8. My favorite band of all time is the O.C. Supertones. I still love to rock out to some ska music on the crazy days.
9. My dream job is for someone to pay me to read all day long. Wouldn’t that be magical?
10. I started dating my husband through the process of elimination. I needed a guy and he was the best choice in the room. True story.
11. I’ve been running every single day for 442 days! Oh wait, you probably already know that, since I talk about it all. the. time. But dude, 442 days!
12. I’m fully and completely addicted to my phone (is there anyone who isn’t these days), but I’m truly, truly working on it.
13. I drink more water than anyone I know. I also sweat more than anyone I know. I think those two are related.
14. My favorite drink is milk. I must have a giant glass every single day, preferably with every meal.
15. I wish I lived in England solely because I love the concept of afternoon tea. I also love the accent.
16. I’ve been on 4 missions trips (Dominican Republic – twice, New York City, and one trip where we stayed at the church and did mission work in our own city for a week…it totally counts).
17. I dream of taking my family on a one year trip travelling all over the globe.
18. My husband doesn’t know about that dream. I’m not sure he’d be on board with it, he’s a big homebody.
19. I’m a terrible housekeeper. Also terrible at home decor and pretty stuff. Pretty much I’m terrible at all of the traditional “girly” things (see #2).
20. Oh, but I can cook and bake. That’s girly.
21. I had my own baking business at the age of 11. Tracy’s Sweet Delights. I sold muffins and cookies to Sunday School teachers.
22. I was even featured in an article in the paper for my baking business.
23. I have two birthdays. Tomorrow is my birthday too! For real, I have the birth certificate to prove it. Note to new mommas – always proofread the birth certificate before you lock it away in the safe for 21 years. Thanks mom!
24. Because I have two birthdays its always a headache to do anything legal (like this mortgage refinance we’re working on) because different organizations have different birthdays on record for me.
25. I’ve run 6 half marathons. It should have been 7, but one of them was cancelled due to lightning. I’m still very bitter.
26. I will be running my first full marathon in October. I’m equal parts terrified and excited. 26.2 miles. How amazing.
27. Since I met my husband (a long, long time ago) I’ve mowed the lawn two times, and both of those times were only a small portion of our lawn. I don’t even mind mowing the lawn, but shh, don’t tell him that.
28. My husband does almost all of our grocery shopping. I don’t really like shopping and I always spend a million dollars over our budget. It’s just better if he does it.
29. The only body part I’ve ever broken is my nose. It was broken by a classmate’s ear in 4th grade.
30. I have zero sense of direction. Please don’t ever talk to me about North, South, East, and West. The only place I know these directions is the 3-5 mile radius around my home. Thanks to my daily running habit. I guess it’s good for something.
31. My labor with my daughter lasted for 22 dreadfully awful hours. My labor with my son lasted a very intense and fast-paced five hours. That second one was amazing.
32. I don’t like most sweets, but I have a weakness for bavarian cream donuts (I’ll also settle for jelly filled).
33. My favorite food of all time is Chinese food. I wish I could eat it every single day. I could never get tired of it. So good. I need some right now. Hey, it’s my birthday. Can you bring me some Chinese food?
Well, there you go. Thirty-three completely random nuggets about me. I hope you enjoyed this totally silly post. I promise I’ll be back to more serious topics next week. For now, I’m relaxing on the lake with the family.
Today’s action step:
In the comments, tell me one totally random thing about you. I’d love to learn more about you!
If you want to know more about me, and slightly less random stuff, be sure to check out my About page.
I overshare all sorts of stuff on Instagram, mostly when I’m bored. I have two accounts, one more serious that I try to keep related to Working Mom’s Balance stuff, and one that is almost entirely dedicated to running, and a few random personal tidbits. I’d love to see you over there.