I’m so glad you are here. Welcome to Working Mom’s Balance!
My mission is to help working moms enjoy a life of meaning and purpose by developing processes and strategies to simplify their responsibilities and make time for what matters most.
There is a whole lot of content available on this site, so I wanted to take a minute to give you some direction as you click around. Feel free to explore to your heart’s content.
First things first, all throughout the pages here you will find bits and pieces about me and my family. If you one to get a quick run down, check out the About Tracy page here for a brief introduction.
You might also find these posts helpful to learn more about my back story and life:
- This one talks about my thoughts on marriage and my relationship with my husband (prioritized over my kids).
- Here I talk about the recent unexpected death of my dad.
- In this post I discuss a little bit about why my work life doesn’t mean everything to me and why.
- Work life balance is an often talked about and debated topic. I’ve written about my thoughts on balance both here and here.
What You’ll Find at WorkingMomsBalance.com
- A Better Self – This life you’re living is yours and yours alone. Your husband is really important, your kids are really important, your work is really important, but at the end of the day, you are only living your life, not your kids or your husbands or your employers. That means that you are in charge of making it your best life. You alone are responsible for your choices, your outcomes, and your experiences. You are in charge of the legacy and the impact that you leave on this earth. This is something I’m very passionate about, so you’ll find lots of posts related to:
- Setting priorities, goals, and creating habits.
- Living intentionally, with purpose, and finding fulfillment in life.
- Motivation, time management, and focus.
- Practicing self care (physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social).
- Managing stress and overcoming guilt.
- Reading – the more you read, the more you know, the better you can be
- Love and Marriage – Most of my readers are married, have been married, or hope to be married (possibly again) someday. My marriage is vitally important to me. It is one of the most important legacies I want to leave for my children. Two parents who had a rock solid, amazing marriage, displayed before them, for all of life. Marriage is also one of the hardest things I’ve ever been a part of, so it deserves a lot of attention.
- Journey with God – I am first and foremost, a child of God, daughter of the King. My relationship with God leads me in every area of my life, including creating this blog. Whether you believe in God yourself or not, know that one of my goals with this blog is to create a space for God’s glory to shine. I feel as though this website is part of the calling that God has placed on my life. This is my mission and here I hope to inspire, encourage, and lead other women in their relationship with God.
- Parenting – I am a mom to two beautiful children. They are some of my most sacred blessings. Being a mom is a quadrillion times harder than I ever imagined. I don’t know what I’m doing, I doubt myself daily, I fail repeatedly, and I’m scared all the time. It’s a big responsibility. Fortunately, I know I’m not in this alone. I believe in community and recognize that we can share and help each other on this parenting journey. None of us are perfect. No one has all the answers, but together, we can figure this out and raise some amazing kids for the next generation.
- Work – In addition to running this blog, taking care of my kids and husband, running, and reading all the time, I also work a full-time job. I get how hard it is to keep up at work when life is crazy. I understand the challenges of making it to work on time, staying focused and motivated at work, making a separation between work and home, and all the other struggles that working moms face. I also really enjoy my job and the work that I do. I couldn’t imagine a life that didn’t involve having a career outside of my home life.
- Healthy Life – I am super passionate about living a healthy life, to the point that in my real life, most of my friends and family get annoyed with how much I talk about healthy stuff. Currently, I run every single day, I try to eat clean and healthy as much as possible. I prioritize sleep above most things and I pay attention to my spiritual and emotional health as well. Therefore, you’ll find a lot of healthy living posts on this site.
- Frugal Tips – They say that writers write about and teachers teach about the things that they are currently struggling with. That is frugality and money saving stuff for me. I wouldn’t say that I’m necessarily a spender, I actually hate shopping, but that also means that I am too lazy to look for deals and spend excessive amounts of money on dumb things. But I’m working on these areas, so as I learn about how to save and be frugal, or make more money, or budget better, or the like, I’ll be sure to share what I learn here.
Where else can you find me?
I try to be active all over the interwebs. Okay, I don’t have to try, I’m heavily addicted to the internet. I’m working on it. Until I can break this strong addiction, you will find me on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and every once in a while on Twitter.
You can always email me and I would absolutely love it if you joined our free email club, so you can get a little extra content and all the links to the latest blog posts delivered right to your email inbox.